Medications at School

What do I do if my child needs to take medication at school?

You must have a "Medication Authorization Form" signed by you and your child's doctor for all prescription medications and any over-the-counter medications to be taken longer than 15 days. This is required by state law. A parental medication authorization form is sufficient for over-the-counter medications needed for a short period of time. The medication(s) must come to school in the original container and brought directly to the nurse's office. This includes prescription AND over-the-counter medications such as cough medicine, cough drops, Tylenol, etc. ABSOLUTELY NO MEDICATION MAY BE KEPT WITH THE STUDENT WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE. You may obtain a medication authorization form from the school office or your doctor may have one on file. The completed, signed form may be faxed to our office at 360-629-1291. If you have any questions, you may contact our school nurse, Cynthia Beach, at ext. 2506.